Can you say URUSHIOL? Pronounced “you-roo-shee-ol,” it is the oil found in the sap of poison ivy, oak, and sumac. That is the stuff to avoid if you are at all allergic! Your reaction is called urushiol-induced allergic contact dermatitis and can occur from direct or indirect exposure with the plants.
Are you sure you have Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, or Poison Sumac? If you have symptoms like rashes, oozing blisters, itching and swelling, you just might have been exposed. Within just 5 minutes, Urushiol attaches to your skin. You can be exposed by touching the leaves or stems or by touching something that touched it!
The best thing you can do is to thoroughly wash with Wellinhand’s natural Oak & Ivy Rescue™: Soap Soother as soon as you suspect you have been near a patch of the plants. Remove and wash all the clothing, shoes, shoelaces, and anything other items that might have come in contact with Urushiol to decontaminate. Remember, you can get re-infected by touching something that touched Urushiol.
Do Not Scratch – Easier said than done? Scratching spreads the rash. We’ve got the answer, though. Follow with Wellinhand's natural Oak & Ivy Rescue™: Spray for relief from itching, pain, swelling, and to lessen the compulsion to scratch. Excessive scratching can cause scarring and infection. Let’s avoid that with Wellinhand’s natural, certified vegan valuable alternative herbal answer to contact dermatitis.
Contains no anesthetics, yet it helps with the pain. Contains no antihistamines, yet shrinks the rash. Consult your qualified health practitioner if the rash spread to your mouth, eyes, or genitals.
Here’s a scary thought: Urushiol stays active on any surface, including dead plants, for up to 5 years in wet climates and up to 9 years in dry climates.
And for those who are not allergic? Great! But be aware that a person’s sensitivities change with time. Sensitivities might tend to lessen with age.
Oat-free anti-itch Oak & Ivy Rescue™: Bath
Disclaimer: Have your situation diagnosed by your qualified health care professional. The information herein is not meant to substitute for the advice of your physician and has not been evaluated by the FDA. All Wellinhand products guarantee satisfaction.
The Soap Soother:
Wash with Oak&Ivy Rescue Soap Soother immediately after exposure to poison ivy or poison oak (or both!).
The Treatment Spray:
Mist the affected area as often as the redness, blisters, or your itching reminds you.
The Sea Bath:
Slip into a cool to warm bath and pour half the contents of the jar into the tub. Swirl around. Wash with Wellinhand's Oak & Ivy Rescue™: Soap Soother while you soak for at least 20 minutes. Upon getting out of the tub, spray on Wellinhand's Oak & Ivy Rescue™: Spray. Put your clothes and the towel into the wash immediately.